Day 47: 1 mile.
Day 48: 3 miles.
Day 49: 4 miles.
Day 50: 2 miles.
Day 51: 9 miles and some change.
Day 52: 1.5 miles in Boston.
Day 53: 1 mile.
Day 54: 1 mile.
Pay attention to Day 51. I was scheduled to run 8 miles last week in my gradual ramp-up to the half marathon. In order to stave off boredom I picked a different loop that, if anything, would land me shorter than 8 miles at the end. My calves and hip flexors were groaning towards the end as I got closer to home. I chalked it up to dehydration and poor nutrition and sucked it up for the last little bit.
Out of curiosity I mapped my new route online when I got home. Apparently my shorter route was really a good deal longer and I ran closer to 10 miles than 8. That would explain the unhappy muscles.
Not a great deal of insight to share. I ran a short loop around the Charles River in Boston this weekend which was very pretty despite the cold wind. The arrival of fall turns my thoughts to pumpkins and turkeys and, when the time is right, Christmas trees and wreaths galore.
So that's enough for today. When life calms down (HA) I'll write more about my deep thoughts.
Ryan
No comments:
Post a Comment