Monday, October 11, 2010

Shorter Days

Day 41: 4.5 miles.
Day 42: 3 miles.
Day 43: 3 miles.
Day 44: 1 mile.
Day 45: 1 mile.
Day 46: 1 mile.

I missed my long run this weekend.  My beautiful bride and I took a trip to the mountains for our first anniversary and I decided to spend time with her rather than on my own, on the road.  I may pay for it later but a healthy marriage is just as important to me as a healthy body and a decent half marathon time.  As I said before, I couldn't do this without her so there's no sense in ruining my main base of support.

On the bright side, I am finding the longer distances to be troublesome in the length of time required rather than the energy cost.  I am confident that I can run 8 miles.  I'm just struggling to fit it into a schedule that seems to get busier as the hours of sunlight shorten.

Unfortunately writing also takes a back seat as I try to spread the wealth.  I've got some thoughts percolating about music so look for a post in the near future when I get some time.  I've rediscovered quite a bit through my headphones over the past few weeks.

Happy Columbus Day.

Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment