Thursday, September 23, 2010

Confucious Say...

Day 27: 4 miles.
Day 28: 2 miles.

Another 4 mile run coming up today and some strength training afterwards. Mentally preparing for the Mud Run this weekend as well.  Hard to find mud around here without rain.  I'll be sure to post pictures (before AND after) next week.

My 2 miles yesterday helped to break me out of a funk I've been in most of this week.  Nothing serious just a general feeling that I could be doing much more with the time given to me.  Part of this comes from a lull in my schedule but more so it comes from a general cycle I find myself going through every few months.  Life seems to be stagnant and I crave something new, something that will give renewed meaning and purpose to my everyday thoughts and actions.  I usually end up looking at graduate school programs and contemplating what might be out there for me in the world.  Of course in a week this will subside and I'll be back into the lovely mess of life, loving every second of it.

In order to break out of the funk this time around I've given myself a reminder of what it takes to make a change even if it doesn't mean a sweeping revolution in how I live my life.

I'm reminded of cheesy inspirational posters and pieces of paper that moms pack in their kids' lunchboxes but I'm getting the desired effect.
This goes back to my last post about the importance of making first steps, no matter how small.  So this is a rinky-dink reminder that, in order to make change and in order to do something, I have to begin.

Happy Thursday.

Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment