Day 15: Just over a mile.
Every time I sit down my hamstrings and glutes scream at me. My X Train workout was harder than it appeared at first blush. Surprisingly and thankfully running is about the only thing that doesn't hurt.
When I started this streak and this blog, my goal was to challenge myself while presenting an honest portrait of the ups and downs along the way. I've enjoyed telling people about my efforts and yesterday it created an opportunity I couldn't pass up.
One of my members told me about a team he's putting together for the City of Oaks Half Marathon in Raleigh on November 7th. He could see by my face that I was hesitant but he talked me through it and reminded me of the fact that I am currently running at least one mile every day and my long run is just over four miles. It's not a stretch of the imagination for me to get to 8, 9 or 10 miles in the next few weeks. So, in short, I decided to do it and I'll be signing up this weekend. I won't be running alone and I have a good base to start from. As you might be able to tell, I'm still trying to talk myself into it to a degree.
When I told Katie, she looked at me in a way that suggested "What crazy path are you leading us down, how much money is this going to cost, and how much skinnier are you going to get?"
To my beautiful, wonderful wife, if you're reading this: I promise not to drag you anywhere you don't want to go. $85.00 this time and I promise to plan accordingly with every event I choose. I hope not much more. We can't afford to buy me all new clothes.
So who wants to run with us on November 7th?
Ryan
Ryan,
ReplyDeleteI love the blog and your musings. It will be good to run 13 with you in November.
ted